01. boston, ma

Posted by Jessica Bucci On 10:52 PM
My sophomore year of art college, I came up with the "heartwarming" idea that I should make a sweater for an anatomical heart. A year and many sweaters later, I finally made one I felt satisfied with. I thought about how to present it as an art piece; but the only thing that felt right was holding it in my hands, and the idea that I wanted to somehow send it around the world. And that's where this project starts.

For the next several months, my friend Niko will be traveling all over the United States. And he's taking my heart-sweater with him!
He'll be showing it to different people that he meets along the way so that they can experience it, and most importantly, be reminded of the joy of keeping a warm heart.

Photos will also be taken of participants in this project and posted here as a record of where we've been and who we've met.



I'll start. Here's a quick one of me in my studio right before I mailed it off today. It's currently in transit to Niko's home in Michigan!

0 Responses to '01. boston, ma'

Post a Comment

Followers